The District of Highlands policing is supplied by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) West Shore Detachment.
The West Shore RCMP provide a number of programs and volunteer opportunities available including:
- Auxiliary Constable Program - commitment of 160 volunteer hours each year to help support strategies to address the cause of, or reduce the fear of, crime and disorder
- D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) - education program aimed at educating children in grades five and six about alternatives to drug and alcohol use.
- Keep In Touch (K.I.T.) - program created to support seniors living alone
- Neighborhood Watch - community-based crime prevention program. Contract 250-391-3327 for more information.
- Restorative Justice - provides an alternative to sending people to court. Contract 250-391-3327 for more information.
- Speed Watch - designed to help reduce speed-related crashes by making drivers more aware of the actual speed they are traveling.
- Greater Victoria Police Victim Services - provides victims of crime and trauma with information and emotional support in a confidential setting. Visit this website for more information.
- W.I.T.S. Program - this program is designed to give younger children Grade K to Grade Five the information they need to make safe and positive choices when faced with situations involving threats, violence or aggressive behavior. Visit this website for more information.
The West Shore RCMP website.